Water Purifier Removes More Bacteria



In many cases if people looked at a sample of their drinking water under a microscope, they probably would be reluctant to drink it. Most water passed through a filtering plant will not cause harm but if you are out in the country, you will may to think about having a water purifier.

Water filters can remove a host of harmful germs and bacteria from water, but their effectiveness, when compared to a water purifier, is controlled by two factors. The size of the filters and how often the filters are changed. Some of the disease bacteria are pretty small and can make their way through many filters. A filter size of .1 micron will eliminate the majority of bacteria as well as chemical contaminants such as fertilizers and herbicides, which seep into the water supply.

Failing to change the filters as needed or microscopic organisms smaller than the size of the filter will allow them to flow through the filtering system. Using a water purifier however kills the germs and bacteria and there are no filters to change. Depending on the type used, there may be some taste qualities introduced into the water.

Purifiers Can Sterilize Disease Bacteria

Most water purifier methods use either one of two methods, chemical or ultraviolet light. Most municipal water purifier stations use chlorine during the purification process and this kills practically all disease-causing bacteria in the supply. However if too much chlorine is used, its tastes remains in the water. Using too little allows some of the bacteria to live.

Another chemical option is to use a mixture, which includes two percent tincture of iodine. The problem with this means as a water purifier is it works best if the water temperature is above 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Since both iodine and chlorine can have a negative effect on the taste of the water, ultraviolet lite also is being used as a water purifier.

By using shortwave ultraviolet light in the 253.7 nm wavelength as a water purifier, all disease bacteria are eradicated. Exposure to this wavelength can cause a redness of the skin and eye irritation but does not cause skin cancer or cataracts. However, as a water purifier ultraviolet light also changes the taste of the water. However, by adding vitamin C to the water the taste can be improved. Flavored, powdered drinks containing the vitamin C work just fine.


Disclaimer
: All the content contained on this website related to Water Purifiers is for general information purpose only. Please do not consider it as any type of consulting or advice.


www.Quickvisit.Info - All Rights Reserved.

Menu